[Mimedefang] Re: Milter / Sendmail Question for Rate Throttle

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Feb 25 20:39:22 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> I am fairly certain that this return to sendmail does not get counted in the
> statistics for RCPT Flood Throttling (i.e. Possible SMTP RCPT flood,
> throttling.)

Ten painful minutes of trawling through the scary and horrible
Sendmail 8.13.0 source code leaves me with the impression that it does
in fact get counted in the "Bad RCPT" statistic.

It's easy enough to test; have your filter return failure for
"some_addr at mydomain.com" and try it out to see if you get the log
message.