[Mimedefang] Re: Milter / Sendmail Question for Rate Throttle

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Feb 25 18:37:39 EST 2005

I am using MIMEDefang to do checks and then returning: return ('REJECT', "No
such user here");

I am fairly certain that this return to sendmail does not get counted in the
statistics for RCPT Flood Throttling (i.e. Possible SMTP RCPT flood,
throttling.)

Am I using the wrong return?  Does sendmail not count filter returns?

Otherwise, I figure I need to write my own equivalent of RCPT Flood
Throttling into poprelayd so I can ban those sites as well.

Thoughts?

KAM