[Mimedefang] Fedora to replace sendmail with Exim as default MTA?

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Wed Feb 23 10:46:11 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:08:05 -0600, Michael Sims wrote

> I usually end up staying out of those discussions because I'm not
> big on religious wars but I always feel like I'm just about the only
> one out there that prefers Sendmail to these other MTAs...

I too try  and stay out of those conversations. I vastly prefer sendmail, its
security track record the last few years has been great actually.. it had
somewhat of a bad rep from its earlier incarnations though. Although, blaming
the software for your (admins) lack of responsibility by not keeping up with
updates always was a pet peeve of mine anyway.

Yes, it might be that I too am confortable using sendmail simply because of
years of experience with it.... but I have yet to see a very compelling
reason to switch to any other MTA, even the performance argument is usually
skewed, comparing a well tuned exim or qmail machine to a un-tuned sendmail
one.

We are out here, I think we just tend to be a more reserved bunch.

Jim
--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client