[Mimedefang] Basic question on start/stop

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Fri Feb 18 20:34:01 EST 2005

The init script expects a redhat (redhat like) Linux, the multiplexer uses a
hardcoded kill -0 but the daemon uses a function called killproc that most
redhat init scripts use...

killproc expects pids in /var/run as well and is located
in:  /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I expect the issue is this function is not available on your system?

Jim

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:50:07 -0500, Lavoie,Alain [CMC] wrote
> Hello,
>
>        I'm using the init-script file in the examples directory to
> start/stop mimedefang.
> However, I saw many mimedefang hanging from my previous stop and restart
> of the application.
> I looked in the script to see it used the command "kill". The path
> and the pid number are right in the script. Even at the command line
> a kill of the pid don't work. I don't want to do a "kill -9". Is it
> something I'm doing wrong? or there is another way to terminate
> mimedefang. BTW, the multiplexor start and stop correctly.
>
> 	Thank you!
> 	Levoy

EsisNet.com Webmail Client