Chain letters (was Re: [Mimedefang] Re: Scary... Filtering on the outbound.)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 17 13:20:34 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Ben Kamen wrote:

> I would think the email admin's could just send out an email to all
> employees... "Personal emails are fine, just stop forwarding the
> chain emails!"

*thinks* It shouldn't be too hard to detect oft-forwarded e-mails.
There are telltale signs like >>>>>>>> nested twelve deep, and/or
dozens of M$ Outhouse "Forwarded Message:" lines.

Perl code that stops messages that have too many of these would be
easy to write, and might force blockheads to stop top-quoting. :-)