[Mimedefang] limit virus scans based on file size..

Renaud PASCAL renaud.pascal at atosorigin.com
Wed Feb 16 09:54:40 EST 2005

Le Mercredi 16 Février 2005 15:20, Keith Patton a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
>  I thought I saw a excerpt on this list on a method to only virus scan
> files smaller than a certain size... ( assuming that large files are ok )
> And can't find it anywhere..  Does anyone have a filter to do such?

Here sample
cat << _zonkout_ >> toAddTo_mimedefang-filter
### preinit the containers
        my($code, $category, $action);
###
###     On scanne bien ici mais uniquement si taille moins d'un mega ...
###
        if (-s "./INPUTMSG" < 1024*1024) {
                # Scan for viruses if any virus-scanners are installed
                action_change_header("X-uvscan-category", "small");
                ###my($code, $category, $action) = message_contains_virus();
                ($code, $category, $action) = message_contains_virus();
        }
###     else{
###             action_change_header("X-uvscan-category", "mega");
###             ($code, $category, $action) = message_contains_virus();
###     }
_zonkout_

Mind you, in case like I had had you uncomment the 2nd part to
do some stuff when bigger than your choice, that's the
point of the preinit line, if you don't the objects are *NOT*
in the same userspace because of the {} !-D)

You've been warned ...