[Mimedefang] Anyone using File::Scan?

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Wed Feb 16 09:25:02 EST 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone use File::Scan with MIMEDefang?  It seems to cause a lot
> of problems with false positives.
>
> For the next release, I'm considering removing the auto-detection
> of File::Scan.  In other words, if you want File::Scan, you'll have to
> specifically ask for it in your filter.
>
> Any objections to this change?
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

I used to use File::Scan on the office mail servers but I got complaints
  about false positives.  I've since switched to ClamAV.

I still use a combination of File::Scan and ClamAV on my personal mail
server (where I can be more strict about what types of files are
accepted as attachments).

I think the change would be good, because up until now, if File::Scan is
installed, it's used.  I could see a case where it may be installed but
not desired to be used.

alan