[Mimedefang] case of multiple virus scanners running

Keith Patton kpatton at dallas.photronics.com
Tue Feb 15 22:54:57 EST 2005

All,

 I had the case were multiple instances of the virus scanner was running
with only 2 sendmail processes, the load average went real high stopped
sendmail and the virus scanner could not run either because all were
waiting on more memory..  Lovely deadlock here...

Anyway...

Am I right to assume that if a mail message contains multiple
attachments that mimedefang could spawn off a virus scan for each
attachment?
Therefore, if a spammer sent in a message with x attachments at some
point he could kill my server....

So, is there a way to limit how many I will spawn off at one time?

thanks,

Keith