[Mimedefang] ZDnet article on new Zombie Trick

Ben Kamen bkamen at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 3 10:43:30 EST 2005

I would think ISP's would want a greylisting filter on their inbound-outbound
ports...

But with my recent experience with my local ISP (SBC) proves to me (since I
directly asked the half a dozen or so SBC tech rep's on the line if anyone
knew anything about TCP/IP - "no" from all) I doubt if they even know they're
in a sense a source of the problem and if they even care.

I do know SBC now blocks port 25 from dynamic DSL customers. With the trojan
mentioned, however, that won't matter much.

It should be interesting to see if a lot of the spam is going to the MSN, AOL,
yahoo portal's and getting blocked if they'll notice once their email servers
start to crash from filled queues...

I have to implement greylisting one of these days... (sigh) Maybe this weekend
is the day.

  -Ben