[Mimedefang] disclamer only for out going mails.

Gary Funck gary at intrepid.com
Sat Dec 17 16:37:10 EST 2005

The documentation doesn't make this immediately clear:

       $RelayHostname
              The host name of the relay.  This is the name of the host
which
              is attempting to send e-mail to your host.  May be  "undef"
if
              the host name could not be determined.  This variable is
avail-
              able in filter_relay, filter_sender and filter_recipient.

       $RelayAddr
              The IP address of the sending relay (as a string consisting
of
              four  dot-separated  decimal  numbers.)   One  potential use
of
              $RelayAddr is to limit  mailing  to  certain  lists  to
people
              within  your  organization.  This variable is available in
fil-
              ter_relay, filter_sender and filter_recipient.
[...]

However, further up it says:

GLOBAL VARIABLES SET BY MIMEDEFANG.PL
       The following global variables are set by mimedefang.pl and are
avail-
       able for use in your filter.  All of these variables are always
avail-
       able  to  filter_begin,  filter,  filter_multipart and filter_end.
In
       addition, some of them are available in filter_relay, filter_sender
or
       filter_recipient.  If this is the case, it will be noted below.

So ... it seems to be accurate enough, but if one turns to just the
variable description itself ... it seems to be more specific, and perhaps
overriding the general statement.  Not sure how to fix that.