[Mimedefang] Mimedefang and clamd configuration problems

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Dec 29 22:37:04 EST 2005

--On Thursday, December 29, 2005 2:15 PM -0300 "Oliver Schulze L."
<oliver at samera.com.py> wrote:

> http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?ConfigureClamAV

You use usermod to add the group. I was informed some time in the past that
one should use gpasswd for that. (I usually edit the /etc/group file and
had to look this up just now.) gpasswd, like usermod, is part of the
shadow-utils package, and would be used during automated installation. (It
also updates gshadow.)

usermod replaces the group's user list. gpasswd adds and removes single
entries.