[Mimedefang] Mimedefang and clamd configuration problems - SOLVED

jmorin at dominiondiagnostics.com jmorin at dominiondiagnostics.com
Wed Dec 28 11:55:44 EST 2005

Originally I was using a mimedefang rpm ( v. 2.54) and it wasn't
recognizing clamd.

I compiled the 2.54 source code and it recognized clamd, no problem.

I then started mimedefang and it immediately starting rejecting emails
that contains viruses.

I'm glad it's working.

BUT, I still don't know perl well enough to figure out WHY mimedefang
wouldn't recognize clamd when I used the rpm.  Is there some variable ( or
set of variables) that get UNcommented when compiling mimedefang ( when it
recognizes an anti-virus scanner)?

Someday I'll learn perl a bit better.

Joseph Morin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, is for the sole use of the individual to whom it is addressed. This message is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy this message and its attachments.