[Mimedefang] Mimedefang and clamd configuration problems

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Fri Dec 23 15:26:03 EST 2005

Matthew.van.Eerde wrote:
> jmorin wrote:
>> Also, I've tried using
>> clamav-milter and
>> mimedefang
>> in sendmail and sendmail would ONLY use clamd and NOT mimedefang.
>> Perhaps I mis-configured the sendmail.mc file ??
>
> Very likely.  The instructions aren't particularly clear.

To wit, the clamav-milter installation instructions
	http://www.clamav.net/doc/0.87.1/html/node19.html
say to include these lines in sendmail.mc:

	INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter',`S=local:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock, F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
	define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `clmilter')

The second of these two lines will, in fact, tell sendmail to run ONLY the "clmilter" milter.

More info on INPUT_MAIL_FILTER and confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS is available on sendmail.org:
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/adding_mailfilters.html#INPUT_MAIL_FILTER
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/tweaking_config.html#confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer