[Mimedefang] Mimedefang and clamd configuration problems

jmorin at dominiondiagnostics.com jmorin at dominiondiagnostics.com
Wed Dec 21 10:51:15 EST 2005

RedHat Enterprise 3
sendmail 8.12
mimedefang 2.53
spamassassin 3.1.0
Perl 5.8.0

I've got mimedefang running with spamassassin and identifying spam, no
problem.

I want to have mimedefang also use clamd ( or clamav, whichever is best).

I MUST be missing something in the set up because for the life of me I
can't get mimedefang to use clamd.

I've read http://www.mickeyhill.com/mimedefang-howto/
I've plowed through numerous entries in the list and I'm still stuck.

I did get sendmail to recognize clamd by adding the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER line
in the sendmail.mc and recreating the sendmail.cf,
BUT sendmail would ONLY use the clam milter and not mimedefang.

How do I configure mimedefang to use clamav just like is uses
spamassassin?

I'm confused as to whether or not I need to edit my sendmail
configuration, do I need the 'INPUT_MAIL_FILTER' in my sendmail.mc?

Or do I just configure mimedefang to call clam and sendmail doesn't know
about  clam?

Like I've said, I read the mimedefang documentation AND the clamd
documentation.  I can get them working individually, but I'm having
problems configuring them to work together.

Thanks for the help!

Joe Morin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, is for the sole use of the individual to whom it is addressed. This message is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy this message and its attachments.