[Mimedefang] prepend new headers?

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Tue Dec 20 15:09:30 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:18 AM
Subject: [Mimedefang] prepend new headers?

> I'm having problems with craftily obfuscated existing headers cutting off
> downstream header recognition, so my X-Spam-Score tag isn't being
> recognized by the MUA.
>
> Prepending headers should fix that.

Deleting the existing X-Spam-Score tags will also help, and may be an even
more reliable solution since you don't have to be concerned that
possibly-malformed X-Spam-Score tags might be doing bad things with your
code.

I delete all of the incoming tags that might be used by downstream users to
make use of the classifications that the local MIMEDefang process might add:

        action_delete_all_headers("X-Scanned-By");
        action_delete_all_headers("X-Spam-Warning");
        action_delete_all_headers("X-Spam-Status");
        action_delete_all_headers("X-Spam-Report");
        action_delete_all_headers("X-Spam-Score");

That said, your insheader patch can still be useful for other situations so
don't give up on it!

Chris Myers
Networks By Design