[Mimedefang] disclamer only for out going mails.

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Dec 20 12:42:35 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 07:39, Joseph Brennan wrote:
> >> I require all my users to use SMTP AUTH to send mail from our mail
> >> server, even from the internal network.  So I use the
> >> SendmailMacros{auth_authen} (i think) to check to see if SMTP AUTH has
> >> been used to determine if mail is "outgoing"  ... it seems to be fairly
> >> simple, but granted, not every place can enforce an SMTP AUTH policy.
>

> That tells you that it came from a local user, but it doesn't
> tell you whether it's outbound.  It could be going to another
> local user.  I'm using "outbound" to mean mail to an external
> system.

I'm not sure that is even possible unless perhaps you
use stream-by-recipient since messages could often
have both internal and outbound destinations and you
don't even know until all the aliases and forwards are
resolved.   The obvious way is to bounce outbound mail
through another machine at the sendmail level using
SMART_HOST and adding the disclaimer there.  There
should be a way to make that a different instance of
sendmail listening on a different port (see
http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.39) but
it might be easier to just find another box.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com