[Mimedefang] dictionary attacks looking for a valid user

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Dec 16 15:29:11 EST 2005

--On Friday, December 16, 2005 10:55 AM -0500 "Kevin A. McGrail"
<kmcgrail at pccc.com> wrote:

> Also, for my own personal setup since I use virtusertables as well, I
> have set a very hard-coded check in filter_recipient like this:

Is that looking for custom recipient names that you've registered with? If
so, have you tried plussed addresses? A lot of web forms stupidly reject
the plus sign (I just took a site to task for it yesterday) but it
eliminates the need to add another entry to your alias/virtusertable file.