[Mimedefang] Greylisting

Brian Leyton bleyton at cpe-corp.com
Thu Dec 15 01:22:30 EST 2005

Thank you all for your comments on greylisting.  John Kirkland's work looks
like it will fit the bill nicely.  I especially like the idea of using MySQL
for the database.

I think it might require a bit of prep work to make this a bit less
noticeable.  The recommendation of building a whitelist ahead of time looks
like a very good idea, particularly for the main companies that we
correspond with.  How would you recommend going about this?  I'm thinking
that if I parse my logs for a week or two, I could come up with a list of IP
addresses for various servers we'd want to whitelist - would you list just
that server, or the whole /24?

Brian Leyton
Valley Village, CA (GMT -0800)
DX-398 / RS Loop