[Mimedefang] Greylisting

Charles cg-list at sterlingideas.com
Wed Dec 14 23:40:28 EST 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:
> It helps a lot, because you quickly build up a list of servers for
> companies you correspond with often, and for large domains like
> hotmail.com and aol.com.
>
> Suppose you correspond with 10 people at CompanyA.  Once *one* person
> has passed the greylist test, all 10 of them can communicate with any
> one of you without any greylisting delays.

Do I understand you correctly that in the CanIT implementation you allow
all source addresses from a host once one address has cleared
greylisting from that host?  Or am I missing something?

With several of my clients who are small businesses, this would work
well, as the source servers represent their partners and customers.  I
would think this would be less accurate though when dealing with ISPs
and the like (hotmail & aol, as you mention).

My greylisting is based from Jonas' work, but I'd love to find ways to
streamline it.

Thanks,
Charles