Even sillier disclaimers (was Re: [Mimedefang] defang startuperrors)

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Tue Dec 13 02:21:30 EST 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Todd Aiken wrote:
>
>> Ignore the text that follows this disclaimer which says that all
>> disclaimers in the above text are NULL AND VOID and that they can be
>> ignored.  That disclaimer is false-the above is true.
>
> Well! :-) We have an arms race, then.  I'll change my disclaimer

Maybe it depends on the local laws very hard, but there was a decision of
a German court: when two "standard disclaimers" (aka "general terms and
conditions " -- at least that's what DICT translates the German term into:
http://dict.leo.org/?search=agb) declare the other void, both are void.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser