[Mimedefang] config for big servers-- problem found

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Dec 6 18:19:52 EST 2005

Charles Mount wrote:

> I use the milter version of TrendMicro antivirus followed by MimeDefang
> with spamassassin.   It is not possible to configure TrendMicro to NOT send
> a warning message to the recipent targeted by a virus.

I think it's time to throw out TrendMicro, no?

> I use MimeDefang/spamassassin to block those messages.  Mimedefang
> is set to quarantine rather than delete messages.

I would imagine the TrendMicro warnings are pretty easy to recognize.  You
should be able to write code to discard them.  You can probably do it even
before you call SpamAssassin to cut down on your load.

> I had been using --
> find /var/spool/MD-Quarantine -depth -mtime +5 -exec rm -r {} \;

That's much less efficient than:

find /var/spool/MD-Quarantine -type d -mtime +5 | xargs rm -r

If you have GNU tools, then a safer alternative is:

find /var/spool/MD-Quarantine -type d -mtime +5 -print0 | xargs -0 rm -r