[Mimedefang] Installing Mimedefang

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Dec 6 10:07:28 EST 2005

Greg McCarthy wrote:

> t/Entity.........FAILED test 5
>         Failed 1/30 tests, 96.67% okay

This is a harmless, but annoying failure.  Here's what I wrote
to someone else:

The tests succeed if you have Mail::Header version 1.62, but fail if
you have Mail::Header 1.17.  I do not know at which point the
changeover occurred.  Old versions of Mail::Header would write the
MIME-Version header thus:

while newer ones use:

The test failure is therefore harmless, though I will look at modifying the
test so it works for any version of Mail::Header.

(According to http://search.cpan.org/src/MARKOV/MailTools-1.67/ChangeLog,
the problem was fixed in Change 520 on March 16, 2000, so I may not bother
worrying about it.  Though according to the changelog, 1.17 should have
been OK, but I know it isn't... weird.)