[Mimedefang] config for big servers

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Dec 5 12:16:31 EST 2005

Charles Mount wrote:

> I have four SUN 880s with eight processors and 16 GB.   These are running
> Solaris 8 with Sendmail Switch 3 and Mimedefang 2.51.
> One of the four seems to have a slightly higher load and gives these
> errors.  I have not seen load average above 3.5.

Without knowing why the filter is timing out, it's impossible to make
recommendations.  For example, if you have high DNS latencies, you can
run out of slaves on a machine with very low CPU utilization.

If you don't feel you can diagnose what's causing the timeouts, we
*do* sell MIMEDefang support contracts. :-)