[Mimedefang] Bayes errors in logfile

Cormack, Ken Ken.Cormack at roadway.com
Fri Aug 12 14:49:41 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Deugau [mailto:kdeugau at vianet.ca]

> The locking errors are usually related to Bayes autolearn and/or expiry
> conflicts.  A wander through the SA list archives should turn up quite a
> few threads.

Thanks, Kris... I'll go see what I can find there.

> You can get rid of them fairly simply.  Add these two lines to
> sa-mimedefang.cf:
>
> bayes_learn_to_journal  1
> bayes_auto_expire       0

These changes look like they're working wel so far

> (You might want to check the man page to make sure those are valid -
> there should be something similar if not.  I'm still happily running
> 2.64.)

They are.

> Then set up a cron job to run sa-learn --rebuild --force-expire as user
> defang regularly.  (For the systems I've been administering, once a day
> has worked very well for several years now.)  I just use a single line
> in /etc/crontab:
>
> 02 5 * * * defang /usr/bin/sa-learn --rebuild --force-expire

The only thing that changed here, is that in SA 3.x, "--rebuild" is
depricated, and "--sync" is used in its place.  I've used --sync in defang's
crontab entry.

I'll keep an eye on this, to see how it works out.  Thanks for the assist,
Kris.

Ken