[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.53-BETA-2 is available

Dave O'Neill dmo at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Aug 30 22:03:35 EDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 08:19:34PM -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
> I didn't investigate zlib (Dave O'Neill did), and it seems that they
> had to reverse-engineer deflate64.  Apparently, there were comments in
> the code that it was experimental, unsupported, and unlikely to be
> supported.

There is code in contrib/infback9 of the zlib source distribution that
implements deflate64, with a comment of:

   This header file and associated patches provide a decoder for
   PKWare's undocumented deflate64 compression method (method 9).  Use
   with infback9.c, inftree9.h, inftree9.c, and inffix9.h.  These
   patches are not supported.

I've sent a mail to the zlib maintainers asking if there's any chance
this will be supported in the future, so we'll see what they say.

Cheers,
Dave
--
Dave O'Neill <dmo at roaringpenguin.com>    Roaring Penguin Software Inc.