[Mimedefang] Looking for an explanation of "suspicious_chars"

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Aug 30 14:48:54 EDT 2005

--On Tuesday, August 30, 2005 14:21 -0400 "Cormack, Ken"
<Ken.Cormack at roadway.com> wrote:

> Group,
>
> I'm looking to offer my helpdesk an explanation of why a user's expected
> inbound email is being discarded because of MIMEDefang's
> "suspicious_chars" check, in filter_begin.  I'd explained basically that
> there could be a carriage-return or other character found in a line
> within the header of the email, where that particular character is not
> "expected" to be found.

I wish the value of $SuspiciousCharsInHeaders and
$SuspiciousCharsInBody was something like "null" or "cr" instead of
just true.

Even if we had this, though, the error is still pretty obscure and
needs to be taken to tech staff not your average user.

Joseph Brennan