[Mimedefang] reject without creating a reject message

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Tue Aug 30 05:49:50 EDT 2005

Hi.

I want to stop a message getting through.

I want to tell the sending mailserver that I do not want to accept
this (ie cancel) but without creating a "Undelivered Message".

Scenario:
~~~~~~~~~
I check the incoming mail and refuse to take the mail if the sender
comes from our domain, rejecting it with some "5.7.1" message.

In particular I want to stop emails coming through that have
"postmaster" and "mailer-deamon" etc from our domain.

Now the filter works fine and rejects all those email making it
look like they come from our domain.

However if the spammer/worm/trojan now has an email address
that exists in our domain, than the email is rejected
but the person (unknowingly) receives an email of the rejection.

How can I reject the email without the "Undelivered Message"
being created? Do I just drop the mail? How I do that?

(Yes I know the "Undelivered Message" is created on the sending server).

jobst

--
Don't rejoice in his defeat, You men.  For though the world stood up and stopped the Bastard, the Bitch that bore him is in heat again. - Bertold Brecht.

             __, Jobst Schmalenbach, Technical Director
   _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L
 -(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia