[OT] Debian Policy (was Re: [Mimedefang] Re: Quarantine location)

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Mon Aug 29 09:40:53 EDT 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, David F. Skoll wrote:

The sendmail package of Debian is a bit odd, I agree, but an upgrade
within the various sarge/testing variants never broke my installation,
except that sendmailconfig insists of putting procmail into
/etc/mail/smrsh. However, what would be the way to intelligently handle
sendmail's .m4 conf script, without to disable lots of functionality?

I had no problems with Postgres at all.

I do, however, use my own perl version for my own perl programs as
upgrading keeps overwriting any updated modules, to update the perl
package or to install a newer (required) variant of a CPAN module broke
the system or my own (perl) applications running on the server.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser