[Mimedefang] mimedefang warningmessage in syslog

fredrik.pettai at vattenfall.com fredrik.pettai at vattenfall.com
Mon Aug 29 05:27:37 EDT 2005

Hello list!

I'm a little bit confused why i suddenly recieves a new WARNING message in syslog, every time i restart mimedefang. Can anyone "translate" this to unexperienced perl-user.

The Syslog Message:

WARNING: Something in your Perl filter appears to have opened a file descriptor outside of any function.  With embedded Perl, you should move any code that opens a file descriptor into filter_initialize.  On some systems, the C library may open a descriptor, but you should verify your filter just in case.

I think i got this then i enabled nettests in SA, but i'm not sure...
( $SALocalTestsOnly = 0; )

I'm currently running Solaris 9, Perl 5.8.5, MD 2.51, SpamAssassin 3.04, Razor 2.74

Re,
/P