[Mimedefang] SMTP-AUTH

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Sat Aug 27 12:38:55 EDT 2005

On Aug 27, 2005, at 6:03 AM, David F. Skoll wrote:

> John Rudd wrote:
>
>> However, I have no idea what to put in for "SUCCESSFUL_SMTP_AUTH".
>
> Check the mimedefang-filter man page.  There's an example; search
> for "auth"

doh!

I had seen a reference to %SendmailMacros elsewhere in the file, but it
didn't say which thing I needed to check for successful authentication.
  But, the first search for "auth" shows exactly what I needed in the
filter_sender example.

Perfect.  Thanks.  :-)

(though, one small question: it says that "this assumes The King uses
authentication without realm" -- does that mean kerberos realm?  So, if
they did use kerberos, would I check against "elvisp@$REALM" instead of
"elvisp"?)