[Mimedefang] Problems with SpamAssassin 3.1 RC1and MIMEDefang

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Aug 26 17:18:30 EDT 2005

On Jan 16,  2:52am, "David F. Skoll" wrote:
} Martin Blapp wrote:
}
} > I can confirm this isse. This is with the DCC/Pyzor patch applied.
}
} > Aug 26 10:25:33 filter2 mimedefang-multiplexor[78519]: Slave 4 (pid
} > 50099) taking way too long to exit; sending SIGKILL
}
} Well, I looked at the trace that Nels posted, and mimedefang-multiplexor
} is never getting a SIGCHLD signal, so it can't reap the process.
} I guess the SA team has found a way to make a process ignore SIGKILL
} under UNIX. :-)

     That's not supposed to be possible.  If that is truely happening
then it would represent a very serious kernel security hole.  Much more
likely is that mimedefang-multiplexor is masking SIGCHLD.

}-- End of excerpt from "David F. Skoll"