[OT] Debian Policy (was Re: [Mimedefang] Re: Quarantine location)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Aug 26 13:28:00 EDT 2005

Kris Deugau wrote:

> Maybe, maybe not.  Debian package maintainers seem to delight in "Doing
> Things Differently" for a lot of packages, but maybe that's just my
> background learning all of the RedHat-isms first.  <g>

Tell me about it!  Two of the pieces of software we rely on are
Sendmail and PostgreSQL.  The Debian packages for both of those
products are... interesting, shall we say.  Convoluted, complicated,
with insane startup scripts, configuration options,... ouch!  My head
hurts!

We still use and like Debian around here, but we grumble. :-)