[Mimedefang] Filter Recipient Coding Help

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Fri Aug 19 16:15:51 EDT 2005

John Nemeth wrote:
>      The problem is that "and" binds tighter then "or" so Perl sees
> the expression as A or (B and C).  If A is true then the whole
> expression is true.
>
> On Jan 9,  4:10am, <Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com> wrote:
> }
> } but the logic looks like it shold have worked anyway.
>
>      No, see above.

You're absolutely right.  Logical And binds more tightly than Logical Or:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl/pod/perlop.pod#Logical_And

I was thinking that they had equal preference and went left-to-right, in which case I would have been correct.  But I was wrong.

That's what I get for using parentheses all the time, even when they're not strictly needed. :)

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer