[Mimedefang] Spamassassin 3.1 and improved bayes/sql.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Aug 17 15:15:01 EDT 2005

Kelsey Cummings wrote:

> David, would you mind fleshing that out a bit?  What do you mean by
> distributed BDB databases?

Our larger customers have more than one server doing the scanning.
If you have a central SQL database, it's very easy to keep the
Bayes data synchronized, because it's all centralized.

We moved to Berkeley DB files, and we have a mechanism for
synchronizing them from a master server that does all the learning.
(I should add that we do not use any of SpamAssassin's Bayes code; we
use our own code for this.  The SA code has several shortcomings that
made it unusable for our purposes.)