[Mimedefang] Spamassassin 3.1 and improved bayes/sql.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Wed Aug 17 13:29:45 EDT 2005

I thought I would mention to the MD users that spamassassin 3.1 which is
in rc1 has much better bayes/sql support.

I was working with the SA guys and the people on the pgsql performance
list where Tom Lane came up with a way to pass the tokens as an array
via a pgsql proc.  The result is grouping all of the tokens from an
email into a single transaction which is the difference between pgsql
being unusable to almost as fast as mysql.

Here is the new benchmark:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BayesBenchmarkResults

I have this running now and it's WAY better than the bdb solution.

schu