[Mimedefang] Spam with more than one recipient - reject or not?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Aug 17 10:59:55 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 03:26, Michal Jankowski wrote:
> Update:
>
> I have received a suggestion to stream by recipient.
>
> But that's a big no-no. Once you do that, you have effectively
> accepted the smtp transaction. So you cannot 'bounce' and the only way
> to notify sender is by mail, which should be avoided at all cost.

This is the same situation you have if a forwarding relay is
involved and one or more almost certainly already is for all
real non-local mail.  If a sender is really going to be notified,
a bounce message has to be constructed and mailed whether you
do it or the previous relay does it.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com