[Mimedefang] Specifying valid users?

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Aug 10 15:35:33 EDT 2005

I hesitate to answer this fully because I think the archives must be
chock-full of answers to this question but I will give you the following
pointers just because you seem a little out of your depth:

The spam pattern you are seeing is most likely what is called a dictionary
attack.  Blocking these at the gateway is essential for any company as the
bounces created by these attacks are as bad as the attacks themselves in
many cases where they forge the from address.

For exchange 2003, see
http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/ldap/NOTE-EXCHANGE2003 and setup a
recipient filter using  md_check_against_smtp_server.

For exchange 2000, setup an LDAP link for sendmail.  I use this solution:
http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/ldap/INSTALL

Regards,
KAM