[Mimedefang] Something new for filter_relay()

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Fri Aug 5 11:24:29 EDT 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:49:28 -0400 , Cormack, Ken wrote
> Group,
>
> After a lot of logfile analysis and testing, I've recently
> incorporated the code below, into filter_relay(), in my mimedefang-
> filter.  It uses a free perl module calld Geo::IP, available
> directly from www.maxmind.com (and also from CPAN).

Interesting,

I am curious, did you do this in response to http://blackholes.us/ being down
the last few days or were you aware you could already do this inside sendmail
(or SA for adding a weighted score instead of an outright block) directly?

Granted, right now blackholes.us seems to be totally down (there is some
discussion about this on the SpamL list) but it would seem to me to be a
better solution that would also allow tieing into your whitelist in the normal
sendmail fashion (access.db for most people). And their DSNBLs seem to be just
as complete if not more complete than the GeoIP database, and is broken down
by country, entity, and more (just depends on how draconian you want to get).

Jim
--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client