[Mimedefang] Slaves died prematurely

Eduardo Otubo otubo at fef.unicamp.br
Thu Aug 4 11:50:13 EDT 2005

ok, I added the flag [-l] at the multiplexor startup and configured my 
syslog.conf to log my multiplexor exits.....

and the error i found is strange.....  take a look:

Aug  4 15:59:03 fefnet119 mimedefang-multiplexor[18851]: Slave 0 stderr: 
Can't locate object method "new" via package 
"MIME::Parser::ParanoidFiler" at /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl line 5254.

after this line the errors are that the slaves died and so on.... bla 
bla bla.....
i went to the mimedefang.pl file, line 5254....  and what I found is:

my $filer = new MIME::Parser::ParanoidFiler($msgdir);

what the fuck?!?!!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!

perhaps my perl must be updated????  this is the second thing that came 
to my mind (the first thing is above... :) )

David F. Skoll wrote:

>Eduardo Otubo wrote:
>>i'm installing from an synaptic system....  no prerequisite is
>You need to see WHY the slave is dying.
>You CANNOT see that unless you enable logging of slave's standard error
>output from the multiplexor.  If you're on Debian, that should
>be enabled, I believe.  But check the startup script to make sure it's
>passing the -l option to mimedefang-multiplexor.
>Next, check your logs.  You should see lines like:
>mimedefang-multiplexor[pid]: Slave x stderr: Some error message here...
>Without the above info, there is NO WAY to figure out your problem.
>Visit http://www.mimedefang.org and http://www.roaringpenguin.com
>MIMEDefang mailing list
>MIMEDefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com

More information about the MIMEDefang mailing list