[Mimedefang] Slaves died prematurely

Eduardo Otubo otubo at fef.unicamp.br
Thu Aug 4 11:50:13 EDT 2005

ok, I added the flag [-l] at the multiplexor startup and configured my
syslog.conf to log my multiplexor exits.....

and the error i found is strange.....  take a look:

Aug  4 15:59:03 fefnet119 mimedefang-multiplexor[18851]: Slave 0 stderr:
Can't locate object method "new" via package
"MIME::Parser::ParanoidFiler" at /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl line 5254.

after this line the errors are that the slaves died and so on.... bla
bla bla.....
i went to the mimedefang.pl file, line 5254....  and what I found is:

my $filer = new MIME::Parser::ParanoidFiler($msgdir);

perhaps my perl must be updated????  this is the second thing that came
to my mind (the first thing is above... :) )