[Mimedefang] using a RAM disk for mimedefang temp directory?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Apr 27 16:16:57 EDT 2005

--On Wednesday, April 27, 2005 3:28 PM -0400 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> Check the FAQ, especially:
> http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?RamBasedSpoolDirectory
>
> If you've been happy with MIMEDefang and have NOT been using a RAM
> disk, you must have a pretty low mail volume.

I've been running from disk, after making a brief attempt at using a RAM
disk a long time ago and having my system wedge when the disk filled. Is
that still an issue with the Linux tmpfs?

I checked the /var/spool/MIMEDefang directory to see how much space is in
use and found the .spamassassin directory used to store system-wide Bayes
and AWL. Does the RPM still use that directory as the defang user's home
directory? Might /etc/mail/mimedefang be a better choice for that?