[Mimedefang] OT - Using rDNS sendmail hack - your experiences

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Apr 26 16:21:23 EDT 2005

Personally, we've looked in to it.  We tend to agree that AOL's position
is somewhat aggressive since their techs are usually behind the time and
don't support their own new technologies well.  But, political opinions
aside, we were leary about implementing it because, frankly, we were
afraid of the possible negative impact.  So, we have relied on
MimeDefang to do this check for us..

However, as time has worn on (and the amount of SPAM has blossomed), we
have started testing this hack on our in-house testing server.  Hearing
of your experiences does make me feel a bit better regarding the patch,
too.  Do you have any stats on how many connections this has prevented?

I'd personally be interested in seeing your modified version of the hack
(your hacked hack :) ) just to see and understand the differences.

-Rich