[Mimedefang] Problem running virus-scanner

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Apr 26 14:10:24 EDT 2005

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote:
> Hi there,
> I've installed mimedefang-2.51 along with clamav-0.84rc1, and trying
> initiate a sendmail session by telneting to localhost,  I get the
>
> 451 4.3.0 Problem running virus-scanner
>
> everytime I try wither clamd or clamav-milter is running, any thoughts
> what's causing this?
>
> thanks!
>
> Ran.

Did you update your mimedefang-filter to reflect the actual location of the clamd.sock file?  Note that clamav-milter is not used by MIMEDefang.

That having been said, I find I save a lot of memory by running clamav-milter on all incoming mail first, and MIMEDefang only on mail that passes clamav-milter.

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"