[Mimedefang] Re: OT SpamAssassin Install (James Ebright)

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Thu Apr 21 14:23:39 EDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:46:48 -0700, Doug Hubbard wrote
> Sorry should have mentioned in the initial post that the exact same
> behavior occurs in cpan (all prereqs are up to date that I can see).
> I should also mention that SA 2.63 installs just fine on the same box.

Hmm... those errors typically mean you are missing a header file (library
function calls) or similar, or perhaps your gcc just cannot find them... maybe
compare the LIBRARY path (and possibly other envioronment variables used by
gcc) when doing a 2.63 and a 3.02 build.

One pecularity I rememmber form my Solaris days was the socket functions it
used for the tcp stack were quite different from Linux (where most open
sourced software woudl be preconfigured for) and often required a argument to
the configure script or to manually edit the Makefile.. but I thought those
days were long gone. How up to date is your gcc and its libraries? Are you
using the same compiler to do the different versions of SA? Solaris always was
very picky about its build environment and where it loiked to look for
libraries unless told otherwise.

Jim

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client