[Mimedefang] Streams and MaxRecipientsPerMessage

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Thu Apr 21 11:10:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Les Mikesell wrote:

> seen answered in the statistics already posted.  For the
> people doing stream-by-recipient: how often do different
> recipients actually require different actions?

   I haven't implemented stream-by-recipient for exactly the reason that's
been posted here (inability to reject the message during the session with
the remote MTA).  But I can think of several per-recipient criteria that I
would like to be able to implement.  For example, the vast majority of
users on our campus have no desire for email in foreign character sets,
but I cannot reject them outright because we do have international
students and faculty here.  Same with mail from Brazilian IP addresses - I
used to block them outright until a faculty member complained that he
legitimately needed to exchange email with a colleague in Brazil.

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville