[Mimedefang] Can I temporarily keep BCC Headers

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Wed Apr 20 11:15:19 EDT 2005

Mark Penkower wrote:
> The archiving server has an issue.  If a user receives an email that
> was bcc'd to him, there is evidence that the user sent the email, but
> there is no evidence of who received it.  The issue is the same if an
> internal user sends an email via bcc.

You'll have to add a header in filter_end with the list of recipients,
but only for the archive mail.  I'm sure this is possible, but I'm not
sure how it would be done.

> Capture the emails before the bcc header information has been
> stripped.  Then bcc it to the archiving server.  Then strip the bcc
> headers and continue with the delivery.

BCC isn't done via mail headers;  it's done by the sending MUA issuing
extra SMTP RCTP TO commands for addresses that it leaves out of the "To"
line.  (For CC, it includes addresses in a CC: header.)

MIMEDefang should have the list of recipients in @Recipients at one
stage or another.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!