[Mimedefang] Streams and MaxRecipientsPerMessage

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Wed Apr 20 06:36:33 EDT 2005

On Sep 9,  3:09am, WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
}
} Now that we've hashed that out and one recipient per message isn't going
} to happen what is the best way to handle suspect messages that are
} streamed by recipient?  I really like MIMEDefang (and CanIt Pro) because I

     I discard them.  This isn't necessarily the best thing, but there
isn't a lot I can do, especially if I don't want them sitting in my
queue.

} like the idea of rejecting the message at the SMTP level.  But if we're
} generating bounces on messages that I reject, how do I know that I'm not
} bouncing them to someone that got joejobbed?  I'd rather not be doing

     If somebody else is generating bounces on messages that I reject,
I don't care.  It isn't my problem.  The somebody else should do a
better job runing their mail server.

} that...  If SPF records were universally available with "-all", then we
} could prevent this by enforcing them immediately at the MAIL FROM stage,
} before even streaming by recipient.

     In my opinion, SPF creates far more problems then it solves, which
is pretty much none.  Thus I won't use it.  Heck, if a message comes in
with valid SPF, it is more likely to be spam then not since spammers
are the biggest adopters.

}-- End of excerpt from WBrown at e1b.org