[Mimedefang] How can mimedefang use spamc/spamdfuncitonsofspamassassin?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Apr 14 14:59:43 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 11:32, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Matthew van Eerde wrote:
>
> > What is the distribution of scalar @Recipients across your incoming mail?
>
> An interesting question.  Here are my statistics for the last few days:
>
> 1 Recipient:  1666 e-mails
> 2 Recipients:   34 e-mails
> 3 Recipients:    6 e-mails
> 4 Recipients:    3 e-mails
> 5 Recipients:   16 e-mails
> 6 Recipients:    3 e-mails
>
> The blip for 5 recipients was from a spammer trying the same five
> recipients.
>
> So you can take from this that the cost of streaming by recipient
> is usually low.

This could be skewed a lot towards single recipients by having frequent
senders with a qmail in their path, or towards multiple recipients by
being in a company that uses a lot of departmental distribution-list
addressing or people that join the same internet mailing lists.  I'd
guess that our mail is >50% group-addressed internally although it
is much less than that coming in from the internet.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com