[Mimedefang] How can mimedefang use spamc/spamd funcitons of spamassassin?

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Tue Apr 12 22:47:22 EDT 2005

Hi All,
I'm a little late to this discussion, but this is what I learned so far
from the situation:

- if you run SA from procmail, then spamc/spamd really is much faster,
as stated
  in the "Performance" section here:
  http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/spamd/README
- MD does not use spamassassin, nor spamc. It uses the perl API of SA,
and it should
  not be as slow as spamassassin. But, will it be as fast as spamc/spamd ?
- people want to have a spamc written in perl, will it help?

If there is a final word on this please let me know, may I missed it. I
will later
update the FAQ in the wiki :)

Regards,
Oliver

Keith Patton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to create a per user set of rules for spamassassin. I see where
> spamassassin supports it with ldap or sql, however it only appears to
> work using the spamc/spamd pair not spamassasin -t..
>
> The best I can figure out is that mimedefang is using spamassassin -t
> and not spamc/spamd.
>
> Is there anyone out here that has accomplished getting it to use
> spamc/spamd?  or does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish with
> the least amount of effort?
>
> thanks,
>
> Keith

Oliver Schulze L.