[Mimedefang] How can mimedefang use spamc/spamdfuncitonsofspamassassin?

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Apr 12 17:35:28 EDT 2005

On Sep 2,  9:02am, Kris Deugau wrote:
} Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
} > Hmmm... on further reflection, your original request was for per-user
} > SpamAssassin preferences.
} >
} > I think your best bet is to turn OFF MIMEDefang's SpamAssassin
} > integration, and run it from procmail.
}
} I have to agree;  per-user SA from MIMEDefang is decidedly non-trivial.

     It's really not that complex.

} On the other hand, that *does* eliminate any of the performance gains
} you might make by calling SA at the MTA layer once per message, rather
} than once per recipient.

     The bulk of your mail (at least legitimate mail) will probably be
for a single recipient.  In that case, MIMEDefang won't resend the
message, so it will be completely handled during the SMTP
conversation.

     BTW, another advantage is that if your message is being handed to
a program (i.e. a mailing list manager) or forwarded to another system,
then piping it through procmail first is non-trivial.

}-- End of excerpt from Kris Deugau