[Mimedefang] Runaway Slaves

Bill Maidment bill at maidment.com.au
Fri Apr 8 01:59:51 EDT 2005

Tom Skotnicki wrote:
> I have been running Mimedefang for a couple of years with great success.
> Recently, I started having issues with dozens of slave processes
> accumulating until the server stops responding. Reboot, all is well again
> for a while. Looked all over and cannot seem to come up with a clue.
>
> Environment: RH 7.3, Sendmail 8.12.9, SpamAssassin 2.55, uvscan.
> MX_MINIMUM=2, MX_MAXIMUM=10
> Mail volume: 4-5 messages/minute, cpu seldom exceeds 60%, even when locked.
>
> Even with a MX_MAXIMUM of 10, I have seen 50-60 slaves show up in ps output.
>
> Thanks for any clues.

We just had the same problem today, as well as a few weeks ago. FC3
Sendmail 8.13.3 SA 3.02 clamav-devel-20050319 MIN=2 MAX=10 256MB RAM
(100MB allocated to ramdisk for /var/spool/MIMEDefang). Similar load.

We will add another 512MB RAM tonight and increase the ramdisk size.

Ooops and.....

MIMEDEFANG 2.51